Clean Before You Go on Vacation
Whether it is just you or you have little children, there is a lot to do to prepare for a vacation. You must remember to pack all your essentials, gather all vital information about flights and hotels, and get out the door in time to make your deadlines. If you do have children, you have to do all those things for several other people, while also trying to pack and herd little ones. You may feel like you have to turn the house inside out to find everything you need. It is easy to put off cleaning until you return; however, if you do, you will be dreading the end of vacation. Here are a few tips to make sure your home is ready for your return:
- Take out all kitchen and bathroom trash before you leave.
- Clean the insides of your trash cans to ensure there is no odor when you return.
- Wash, dry, and put up all dishes.
- Sweep, mop, and vacuum all floors.
- Clean your bathroom toilets, faucets, sinks, tubs, and showers.
- Organize and clean up any clutter.
- Make sure you repack any drawers you unpacked.
- Clean rooms and make beds before departing.
Do not let the dark cloud cleaning hang over your summer vacation. Cleaning before you leave will help ensure your time away will be worry-free.
Unpack and Clean After Vacation
Sometimes, going on vacation feels a lot like work. By the time you travel home, you and your family are ready to relax. It can be easy to put off unpacking and tidying up until the next day. However, if you are returning to your busy work and summer schedules, you can quickly find things piling up. Next thing you know, you are drowning in a sea of unpacked dirty clothes. When you get home:
- Immediately unpack bags and begin doing laundry.
- Get your family to help fold and put up clothes.
- Put luggage away.
- Make sure your family is ready for the week ahead.
Cleaning Tips While You Are Home
Summer can be a messy time of year even while you are at home. The warmer weather means your family will use more clothing and take showers more frequently. With everyone home from school, little ones will be tracking in more dirt and mud. Here are a few tips for keeping up with summer cleaning include:
- Designate a place for muddy shoes and clothes.
- Prepare to do laundry more often as your family will likely wear multiple outfits each day.
- Sweep and mop quickly when messes are made.
- Do not let trash pile up.
- Do not forget to clean showers and tubs as they will likely be used more often throughout the season.
- Vacuum carpets and clean furniture often to keep pollen and pet dander in check.
- Do not put cleaning off for another day.
These tips will help you get ahead of your cleaning needs; otherwise, you can quickly find yourself overwhelmed by cleaning needs.
Professional Cleaning Can be a Great Help
The truth is, you can spend your summer freedom cleaning, or you can get help. The professional cleaning team at Greenlife is here to take away the burden of cleaning. We can do one-time deep cleans or perform routine cleaning to make sure you and your family can spend time enjoying our beautiful area this summer. If you would like more information about our residential cleaning services in western North Carolina, contact Greenlife Professional Cleaning today.